As we live in an almost fully digitalized world, blogging in the classroom has become a common practice in most developed countries. College and university students, as well as pupils, use their smartphones and laptops while classes. Nowadays, in every classroom, there’s an interactive whiteboard and a screen for watching different instructive videos, films and online presentations. In such a way, blogging is looming much larger too.
Blogging in a college classroom is a modern approach to the studying process. But not all professors and parents consider it a completely beneficial practice. Due to this, it is important to regard both sides of this activity. And the first one that will be mentioned below is the advantages of blogging in the classroom and its positive impact on the students’ academic performance.
Benefits of Blogging in the Classroom: Impact on the Students’ Education
Current students quite differ from the previous generation. They have raised in the world of innovations. Every day being children they were surrounded by various technologies and they just used to live so. And as the educational programs have not evolved tremendously, it is difficult for current students to perceive information in an old-fashioned way. Their brain requires some modern approaches to the educational system. That’s why they often ask for professional help and buy custom written college papers from expert academic writers. So, blogging in the classroom is quite a good idea. But what are the further benefits of such activity while studying?
- It is a good way of learning information. Such a creative manner of studying can bear fruit. There are some boring subjects and topics that students really dislike. But if they use blogging to learn it, everything becomes much more interesting. Moreover, they exchange information and fun pictures (regarding the subject) with their classmates. It also helps them to perceive information easier and faster.
- To write a good blog it is necessary to read a lot of information and facts. Only after that, they can write a really informative and thorough text for their blog.
- In such a way students develop their creativity. The modern approach to all the processes in the world requires creativity. Due to this, blogging students can improve such skills that will be crucial in their future careers. (Because all the professional specialists are creative people who always introduce new interesting ideas and know how to communicate their goals to others).
- Blogging sharpens student thinking. Because it is important to find new possible ways of communicating the necessary information to other students and readers of their blog. To write a few common facts on some subject is not the best idea.
- A blog is one of the means of self-expression. As some students are not quite confident in themselves, it will be a good solution to this problem.
- And the last one that isn’t less important is money. Some students who succeed in blogging can make good money for it. And knowing that students become more and more driven. In turn, they can learn a subject well and at the same time take financial benefits of it. So, from this aspect, blogging is a kind of student’s motivation.
Taking all those advantages into account you must understand that blogging in the classroom is a good choice for current college students. But it is worth mentioning that not everyone is good at writing. And sometimes it causes real problems that may be considered as disadvantages of blogging in the classroom.
Disadvantages of Blogging in the Classroom: How to Avoid Them?
Among the disadvantages of blogging in college, the classroom is surfing the Internet all the time. Blogging requires finding a lot of information all the time and posting something interesting every day to make the blog really informative and useful. It means that a student should spend much free time surfing the Internet and social networks to select the most important information. But is it only a disadvantage? In such a way, students benefit from their smartphones and the Internet. If earlier they just wasted their time watching various unnecessary videos and shows, now blogging they can study and at the same time enjoy it using the Internet.
The next disadvantage and probably the last one is that not all students are good at writing posts. So, introducing blogging in a college classroom may prove problematic for students’ academic performance. But, of course, there is a solution to it. A custom online writing company is the best choice in such a case. Only the best writers work there, so the quality of your posts will be really high.
All in all, student blogging is very important in college classrooms as it is quite a beneficial practice that easily develops students’ skills and knowledge in a creative way. However, if you are not confident in your writing skills, ask for the professional help from online writing services. Then you will be able to write much better and even become one of the best experts in blogging not only in your classroom but even outside of it.