Scoring well in exams is a common goal for most students throughout their education since academic excellence is one of the important criteria to judge one’s intelligence and understanding.
Every grade in school is a significant part of learning various new concepts in every subject. Class 10 has been given a lot more importance since students appear for the Board Exams for the first time. However, it is also an important stage to build the basis for the main subjects that are offered in classes 11 and 12. Thorough preparation of the Syllabus for CBSE Class 10 Maths can also be helpful for students planning to participate in different competitive exams at the national level.
Mathematics is one such main subject that seems difficult to study and score well in for many students due to the complex techniques and methods that need to be regularly practised and understood well before giving an exam.
In case you have been facing any such difficulties that are making it tough for you to score well in your Class 10 Maths exam, here are some important tips that can help students study maths effectively while finishing the syllabus in time and getting a good grip of the subject:
- Ensure that you have the latest syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics provided by the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE. There are often changes made in the syllabus and you must be aware of any such changes before you start preparing. Once you have the latest syllabus, you can begin your preparation by strategically dividing it into fractions so that you can cover the entire syllabus in time.
- Knowing the marks distribution and exam pattern for your Class 10 Maths exam can help you prioritize and practice more the chapters with higher weightage than the other chapters in the syllabus. The question paper for Class 10 maths consists of questions with different weightage which can be found out by referring to the exam pattern. Accordingly, students shall be able to solve the paper with a proper time distribution out of the 3 hours of the exam.
- Making a study timetable as a habit can be helpful for each subject. Preparing a timetable during your preparatory period will provide you with a sense of time management while you will also be able to cover your entire syllabus in a specified amount of days.
- Try to study in an atmosphere that is peaceful and helps you stay concentrated for longer. It is very important to find a room in your house where you can comfortably sit and study without any distractions.
- All Class 10 Maths question papers are prepared based on the material that is covered in the NCERT books. There are in fact many questions that are directly taken from the books for being asked in the exam. Hence, it is believed that preparing thoroughly from the Class 10 Maths NCERT Book will be enough practice to score well in the exam.
- Students are strongly urged to not ignore or avoid preparing any topics that are a part of the Class 10 maths syllabus. Often the topics with less weightage and not given any importance by the students and leading to them losing marks in the exam. Every topic in your syllabus is equally important and can come up in the exam.
- Regularly practising is very important if your goal is to achieve proficiency in Class 10 Mathematics. There are a lot of functions, steps, methods, etc. involved in Class 10 Maths and rote learning can only help students remember the formulas. The application of these formulas can only be understood by practice.
- Prepare a chapter-wise list of all the theorems and formulas in the syllabus so that you can easily learn them and not miss practising any of them. Keep this list handy so that you can regularly go through it and revise all the important methods included in the Class 10 maths syllabus. This will help store them properly in your memory before the exam.
- Students may come up with certain doubts or queries while preparing for the maths exam. They must confer with their teacher or a family member with expertise in the subject to help them clear their doubts. This will reduce the possibility of losing any marks in the exam.
- Once you are thorough with the entire syllabus, you can assess how much you have learned by solving sample papers and question papers from previous years. This step is very helpful in determining your weak points that may still need extra practice before the exam. Students can identify their mistakes with the help of the answer keys and understand how to rectify them and not repeat them in the main Class 10 Maths exam.
- In order to score well in mathematics or any other subject, students must understand the importance of properly timed preparation. If you wait until a month or week before your exam to start preparing, it can be tougher for you to score 90+ marks in your Class 10 Maths exam. Study according to your timetable so that you get enough time to regularly practice and revise as well as get enough rest and sleep before the exams begin.
- Students are strongly advised to not study for long consecutive hours since it can lead to exhaustion and cause an incomplete understanding of everything they try to study. It is suggested that you include a maximum of 2-3 hours of studying maths and taking some rest in between to refresh your mind and body.
Students must realize the significance of the regular practice, revision, and time management during their preparation for the Class 10 Maths exam. Once they can manage their study timetable, it becomes easier to avoid any stress caused due to the exam. Both students and their parents must ensure that while preparing for the exams, students do not avoid maintaining physical fitness and health. All the best!