How Facebook can help you in college: making use of social networks
Even though many people are sure that social networks provide little educational value, the example of Facebook proves the opposite. This platform states that education, social networks, and innovation go hand-in-hand. With the recent launch of the small website «Facebook for education,» it is now targeted at helping educators and learners push the boundaries of the classrooms and support and grow the learning communities.
Have you already tried its new CodeFWD program to study programming fundamentals? Facebook provides the entire range of products that inspire students to learn Computer Science and drive connection, collaboration, and transformation of the educational process.
Top benefits of Facebook for college students
If earlier social networks could be used with the goal to find and pay people to do homework, now the options have increased a few times. Here is how Facebook can help in your education:
- Provide resources. Facebook is the storage of information; you just need to ask for it. Here you can attend remote lectures, handle presentations, follow the official accounts of the world`s largest museums, galleries, and exhibitions. As almost all people have an account on Facebook, you can reach anyone (even celebrities) to get their feedback, follow politicians and interact with candidates posting questions, participate in public polls, etc.;
- Create projects. Together with your group mates, you can take part in challenges published by educational companies, publish your book/movie reviews and receive critical feedback, gather news from famous journalists, create your own lessons and tutorials and even build an app. You can try your hand in content creation, manage the official college group with all recent news, arrange a book club or other college activities in one platform;
- Share things. Being connected on Facebook, teachers, and parents may follow and check students` projects. Students can keep the pictures of lectures and other educational stuff in shared albums, upload documents and presentations, share speedypaper coupon codes, create discussions and post different informative content;
- Collaborate. The platform lets you efficiently practice a foreign language with native speakers learning from daily communication, connect with guest speakers, and organize study groups where you can ask for help with your home assignments. You can also get in touch with those students who already graduated and ask them to share their experience;
- Manage. The platform is perfect for easy organization. Thus, you can organize events, invite participants, celebrate birthdays, share positive and last-minute updates, communicate and get to know to your fellow students, stay up to date, host contests, receive career guidance, check https://papercoach.net reviews, etc.;
- Use apps and learning tools. Facebook is full of different online courses, book tags, great apps, and resources. With the help of Facebook apps, for example, you can create proper citations, study in groups, promote used books marketplace, solve complex Math tasks, and set calendar events. There is an app in almost any discipline that allows you to study more efficiently, test yourself, and learn information more engagingly.
Summing up, we can say that there are plenty of benefits Facebook can offer for your educational and personal development. You should not miss the opportunities this social network offers to receive the exceptional experience of technologies and innovations combination. This is a unique way of successful students and teachers’ interaction.