Online businesses have changed comprehensively in the past couple of years. It has become possible with the help of content management systems (CMS) which has made web development a lot easier. CMS has a lot of benefits in creating and managing content and one of the most popular CMS of our times is Drupal. Having powered websites like The White House and Tesla Inc, it is one of the best CMS in existence today. A lot of different types of websites can indeed be made using Drupal but it is also true that none of them can be made without the help of a developer or a Drupal website development company.
Drupal might be head and shoulders above it’s rival but it is not without its failings. It is not completely error free which results in developers making some mistakes during development. But fret not, as 5 of the most common mistakes have been enlisted underneath for the perusal of all our readers so that the readers can learn from the mistakes of others and not repeat them. Let’s get started!
1. Irrelevant Content Architecture – One of the most common mistakes made by developers is the use of irrelevant content architecture. It is a huge mistake, considering that content is at the core of every CMS and not even rich content can compensate for this mistake. One way to avoid such mistakes is by hiring a Drupal website development company or by not beginning development on a website without a proper understanding of the content requirements. This mistake can be fixed by reusing standard content fields or by hiring experts from a Drupal website development company who being experts have lesser chances of making common mistakes.
2. Excessive Coding – The second most common mistake is the utilization of excessive coding to develop modules. Since the platform already has more than 30,000 modules, it makes no sense to code excessively. You should rather use the modules that are already present on the platform since they are developed by professionals. By doing so, you won’t make the same mistakes as others and in turn, will end up saving a lot of time and money. If you still see yourself or your in-house team of developers making this mistake, you can always hire a Drupal website development company for your needs.
3. No Website Backup – The third most common mistake is not taking the backup of the site. This mistake is made by the inexperienced developers and not by the experienced developers who may or may not be working for a Drupal website development company. When you take a backup of the site, it comes to your rescue in instances when the system breaks down. Thus, it is always advisable to take a backup whenever you are making changes to the already developed site. This will result in you being able to restore the backup data, if and when you need it.
4. Improper Folder Structure and Installation – The fourth most common mistake made is Improper Folder Structure and Installation. This mistake needs to be avoided at all costs because if you don’t avoid it, it can end up costing you dearly. Upon making this mistake even simple tasks like debugging or upgrading the website will become a lot more difficult. This mistake can be avoided if you save the files and the themes in the right directories and not in the root directory. You can also, always hire a Drupal website development company for your needs.
5. Not Assigning Suitable Roles and Permissions – The fifth most common mistake made is not assigning suitable roles and permissions to the right users. This mistake is made by a lot of newcomers which ends up costing them big time. You can ensure that you don’t make the mistake by filling up the security gap and paying a lot of attention to the details of the task at hand. This way your security will not be compromised in any way whatsoever. You can also take the help of experts for Drupal developing if you find your team incapable of avoiding such mistakes. These companies provide primary Drupal development services along with secondary eCommerce development services. Such companies provide services in every price range and are available in abundance across the entirety of the Internet.
All the common mistakes that are made by developers during Drupal development have been mentioned for the benefit of all our readers. The chances of making mistakes do not depend on the relative experience or inexperience of the developer, because some mistakes are so common than even experts with years of experience end up making them. Drupal has a lot of benefits and that’s why there is an increasing preference for Drupal and Drupal web development companies and experts around the world for web projects. If you work towards honing your skills and avoiding the mistakes, there is always a chance for your splendid career progression. You can become a noteworthy expert in your field and even begin working for a reputable Drupal web development company if that is what interests you.